Hey guys! I’ve decided to add something new to my blog to help me get back in the groove of blogging. I just haven’t felt motivated to blog lately and I think it’s because I’m just getting tired of taking pictures of myself all the time! Soooooo, along with posting a monthly favorites video with my Inside the Hem girls I will also be doing a monthly favorites blog post. The content here will be different than what’s in our video (don’t want to bore you). I plan on recapping garments I’ve sewn during the month, new pattern releases, fabric finds, and sewing related posts that I’ve found particularly interesting on the blogs I follow. I am going to limit myself to 5 finds, so I’m only sharing the most interesting/exciting content with you. So lets get started with my 5 February Favorites!
1. Indiesew released their spring collection! The patterns for this collection include a dress, romper, top, jeans, and a kimono. So that pretty much covers your entire wardrobe minus a skirt. Here are the patterns that are included:
- The Rushcutter- This dress is by an Aussie designer that I’ve never heard of called, In the Folds. It’s an A-line dress with some interesting pockets on the side and a front yoke. This particular dress isn’t quite my style, but I love the possibility of color blocking it.
- The Sanibel Romper and Dress by Hey June Patterns- Now this one has caught my eye. I have never been brave enough to try a romper, but Lindsey sure looks cute when she sports hers. This one features a full button placket, drawstring waist, pockets, a dress option, and 2 sleeve lengths. I might just have to muster up some courage to try and pull this look off!
- The Lou Box Top by Sew DIY- I’ve actually considered purchasing this top in the past. I really like the hem line options on this one.
- The Birkin Flares by Baste + Gather- These flares look fabulous on every person I’ve seen them on. I am not a flare jean kinda girl, so I won’t be giving these a try. Also, I just can’t get into sewing jeans! I rarely get to wear them, so I would rather save my sewing time for items I can wear to work.
- The Florence Kimono by Sew Caroline- I’ve been wanting to sew a kimono for awhile now, but have never come across an Indie pattern for one. I think a kimono is perfect for the spring and would definitely have to add some trim to it.
2. Papercut Patterns released their Ahoy Collection. If you guys have been following me for awhile or watched my Valentine’s Day video then you know I LOVE Papercut Patterns. I purchased the PDF versions of the Bowline Sweater and Moana Dress. I have some fabrics in my stash already in mind for these 2 patterns.
3. Melly Sews posted a tutorial on how to make her Zinnia Jacket pattern reversible! I’ve made this pattern before and you all know I have a sweatshirt obsession, so if there is a way to make 2 sweatshirts out of 1 then I’m gonna do it!
4. I found a fabulous blog post over at Sew Mama Sew that breaks down the characteristics of different knit fabrics and what type of projects each knit is best suited for. Knits can be so difficult to buy online, so this blog post will make a great reference when purchasing!
5. Art Gallery Fabrics released a denim collection! I love all things Art Gallery fabrics. The quality of their fabrics are like no other and their fabric designs are really my style. I am currently on a “no fabric buy”, since our last fabric shopping trip to NYC was very successful to say the least, but I am going to have to break it to get my hands on some of this denim. Have any of you had a chance to try it yet???
So that’s it for what caught my eye in February. I would love to hear about what you found inspiring this past month! I will be back soon sharing a finished garment with you!
Be sure to check out our February Favorites video over at Inside the Hem for some more inspiration!